FAQ & Quick Start Guide for USB-B2K Skype Adapter
Please download the latest software drivers and complete user manuals at our support page.
- How do I switch between landline and Skype(USB) calling mode?
- How do I place a regular landline call?
- How do I dial a SkypeOut call (Skype to POTS) from the phone?
- How do I dial another Skype user (Skype to Skype) from the phone?
- Can I use the Skype adapter without a landline connection?
- Can I change * key used to switch between POTS/Skype mode?
- How can I verify that Skypemate is installed and running?
Press * key on the phone's keypad.
Pick up the phone connected to the adapter and dial normally. The Skype adapter is set by default for landline calling when you pick up the phone. (You can make and receive landline calls normally, even if your computer is turned off, as long as the landline is connected to the adapter.)
Pick up the phone, press * to switch to Skype mode. You will hear different dial tone. Then dial 00 + country code + area code + phone number, then # to place the call. For example, to call a phone number in the United States, dial using this format:
* 00 1 310 555 1212 #
|Switches between landline and Skype mode|
|Tells Skype you are making a SkypeOut call|
In Skype, assign a speed-dial shortcut to the Skype contact, for example "11". When you want to call this contact, enter the speed-dial code on the phone keypad and press the # to place the call.
For example, dial: "11#"
Yes, change the Adapter's settings in SkypeMate like this:
- Right-click on the SkypeMate icon (green phone icon on lower right desktop)
- Select “Advanced”
- Change the "adapter default channel" from "PSTN” to “USB”.
Then when you pick up the phone, the Adapter will be in Skype mode by default.
Yes. If your landline requires using the *(star) key for other functions, you can change the key used by the adapter to avoid a conflict. See Custom.ini for details.
You will see the green Skypemate icon in the System Toolbar on the lower right of your PC desktop like this: